You are viewing a Carbon Fiber infused bottle opener. The base material, called Onyx, and the Carbon Fiber are materials made by Markforged, a 3D printer manufacturer in Cambridge, MA. Focus Fabrication, a laser machine manufacturer in Woodstock CT, laser cut and laser etched the .060” stainless steel metal insert. The bottle opener is 3D printed using FDM technology.
FDM technology (fused deposition modeling) uses a print head that extrudes a material onto a flat surface, layer by layer, in an exact geometrical (X, Y, Z) location, typically derived from an STL file, which is created from a 3D CAD model.
You can see the design transition from a napkin sketch concept, to a CAD render, to a first generation part, to an improved final design.
Please inquire if you would like to receive a bottle opener and learn more about our services.
Owner / Designer of Digital Detail & Design
Mechanical Design using SOLIDWORKS Premium
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation – a finite element analysis (FEA) tool.
- CircuitWorks – an ECAD (electrical) to MCAD (mechanical) tool.
- PhotoView 360 & Visualize – photo realistic rendering tools.
- SOLIDWORKS PDM – product data management tools.
- eDrawings & 3D Interconnect – product collaboration tools.
- Advanced surface modeling tools, Routing tools, and CAD libraries
Cloud sharing and collaboration tools
- GrabCAD – cloud based server and collaboration tool.
- Western Digital My Cloud server – local server with cloud like access.
- Assurance your data is backed up in two locations.
3D printing capabilities
- Markforged Mark Two and a Markforged Mark X printer
Complete part & assembly build
- Take your design from digital concept to physical build
3D Printing Request
If you would like us to 3D print a part for you, please complete the form below and attach your file to submit it. We will be in touch with you if we have any questions.
We’ve made it easier for you to pay for services! Click the button below to submit your payment through PayPal.
Digital Detail & Design is a Mechanical Design company that specializes in providing digital 3D models, 2D drawings and 3D printed parts and has clients in the following industries.
- Fabrication and Weldments
- CAD & Product Data Management
Edson Gebo, the founder of Digital Detail & Design, who has over 30 years of design an industry experience, established DD&D in 2008. Edson has been a Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional since 2011 and was a SOLIDWORKS Educational Instructor for five years at Bay Path Regional Vocational Technical High School, in Charlton, MA. He has been involved in the 3D printing world for several years and in 2015, DD&D purchased a Markforged Mark Two 3D printer.
Digital Detail & Design is constantly looking to improve on their processes. The latest activity is using Model Based Definition (MBD) tools. DD&D perceives this as the next industry growth curve that will be very similar to the integration and adoption of 2D CAD to 3D CAD of the 90’s. They want to be ahead of that curve so they can deliver projects for all media sources.
Digital Detail & Design is also a fully insured LLC in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.